£38 - £44 per hour + LTD
7 months ago
Primary Purpose of the Role:
Our successful Analytical Engineering team is looking for a skilled engineering professional to carry out a mixture of stressing / structural analysis and general engineering tasks as required by the business.
Working in support of other members of the team in analysing both in house and externally designed products and installations. Carry out more specialised tasks associated with design for the subsea environment.
Reporting to the Mechanical (Analytical) Engineering Team Leader at Templecombe.
Communication within the team to share and develop experience both ways.
To communicate progress and issues of the allocated tasks, keeping Team Leader informed of challenges, successes and issues.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
The role may include, but not be limited to the following activities:
- To carry out mechanical design and stressing activities in a team environment with other engineers.
- Be able to advise authoritatively and credibly on the tasks undertaken.
- Provide support to other departments as required, including Manufacture and Customer Support.
Essential to have the ability to tackle a wide range of structural problems including:
- Non Linear
- Hydrostatic Pressure Loading
- Analysis using standard methods such as hand calculations and FEA
Essential to have experience of the following Analysis Tools:
- MSC Patran
- MSC Nastran
- MSC Dytran
- Pro Mechanica
Desirable to have the ability to undertake tasks involving:
- Thermal management (use of CFD tools)
- Fluid structure Interaction
- Shock (Underwater Related)
Desirable to have experience in the use of the MSC Patran Laminate Modeller Analysis Tool.
A Chartered Engineer or equivalent is preferable but not essential.
Essential to have experience in Mechanical Design using a 3D CAD system
Essential to have a strong demonstrated experience of mechanical stressing using a wide range of material models including:
Desirable to be proficient in the use of Pro-Engineer.
Desirable for key areas of design undertaken, for which previous experience would be beneficial, to include:
- The design of sonar assemblies and equipment for the sub-sea environment.
- The design of deployment systems
- Design processes involving moulding of polyurethane, epoxy and other resins
- Design of composite structures.
- Design / specification of sub-sea cable assemblies.
- Carry out basic static stress and FEA analysis using Pro-E Mechanica