Anglesey, Isle of Anglesey
£17.50 - £20.39 per hour
12 months ago
Morson International are currently recruiting Mechanical Aircraft Technicians for our client based at RAF Valley.
Successful applicants will assist in the production of Hawk aircraft to meet the daily flying task. This will include working in both Flight Line and Hangar environments. Employees may be asked to work over-time to ensure there are sufficient aircraft to meet the task. The Hawk contract requires employees to support planned detachments and aircraft recovery activities as and when requested.
Successful applicants will carry out, as directed, trade tasks pertinent with the maintenance, rectification and preparation of Aircraft to meet the allocated daily task at first line. Tasks are to be supervised and carried out in a safe and efficient manner to ensure task progression meets the allocated flying programme without compromising flight safety or the airworthiness of the aircraft.
Individual Technicians will be employed on a day-to-day basis and will provide much needed flexibility by operating in support of the flying task during the heaviest periods of flying. They will also be available to undertake OOP maintenance tasks during turnarounds and to assist aircrew with crew-in rectification.
The main tasks could include but not limited to:
- Composite Flight Servicing.
- Charging of gas systems
- Undertake engine operator duties
- Carry out all authority level B tasks that do not require additional authorisation criteria- subject to any limitations imposed by the authorising authority
- Fulfil the limitations imposed as defined in the SQEP for this grade.
- Carry out first signature responsibilities
- Sign 1st signature for tasked work within trade boundary (Where authorised)
- Carry out all authority level D tasks that do not require additional authorisation criteria - subject to any limitations imposed by the authorising authority EFO Operator to meet exceptional requirements
- Carry out self-supervised maintenance activities within own trade (where authorised)
- Ensure that the work areas are kept clean and FOD free.
- Maintain Environmental, Quality, Security and Health & Safety standards as defined by the client.
- Staff may be required to carry out additional tasks as directed
- All staff are to ensure that they maintain the standard of security policies and procedures as stipulated within Station and Hawk Security Standing Orders.
- All staff are responsible for ensuring that all Information Technology and Information Management processes, policies, procedures and controls are adhered to for all IT systems within their use.
- Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times.
- Champion a culture of Near Miss and Error Reporting and take the lead for subsequent investigations
- Enter cockpit of Hawk aircraft having shown by examination that he/she can recognise the approved position of AAES safety devices