Anglesey, Isle of Anglesey
Up to £23.00 per hour
9 months ago
Morson International are currently recruiting a Mechanical Aircraft Supervisor for our Client based at RAF Valley. They are looking for applicants with previous Supervisory experience and extensive knowledge of the Hawk.
The Senior Supervisor will efficiently co-ordinate personnel in support of contractual requirements and develop a safe and quality conscious work force of staff and supervisors. The Senior Supervisor will ensure that with the assets available that the contracted output across the wing is met
The Senior Supervisor will be responsible for meeting agreed delivery targets. The post holder will be an experienced and highly skilled technician undertaking a range of detailed maintenance activities on an aircraft or component, demonstrating the ability to use diagnostic techniques as required. They shall be responsible for maintaining airworthiness through appropriate task authorisation on an aircraft or aircraft component. Demonstrates awareness of broader external dependencies and identified areas for continuous improvement.
The main tasks could include but not limited to:
- Carry out all authority Level G tasks that do not require additional authorisation criteria - subject to any limitations imposed by the authorising authority (BAE Systems)
- Sign 2nd signature for supervision of work within trade boundary, regardless of 1st signatory's rank
- Authorised to sign 2nd signature for supervision of work outside trade boundary, regardless of 1st signatory's rank if authorised (limitations are stipulated by MM or DMM)
- Insert controlled forms in IMS/Sapphire
- Carry out self-supervised activities within own trade if authorised
- Condition technical equipment as SCRAP inside trade boundary.
- Specify extent of independent inspections in source trade and outside source trade where authorised.
- Specify extent of independent inspections, when he/she has supervised or taken part in original maintenance task to which independent inspection relates
- Maintaining a PEVL to establish continuity of experience. Ensure that all tradesmen return the individual PEVLs for validation of entries on a regular basis.
- Act as nominated Deputy Rectification Controller during absences.
- When detailed, acting as Detachment Manager for both Overseas and UK detachments, liaising with the Detachment Planner, the MM/DMM and the Supply Supervisor during the preparation, operation and recovery phases.
- When detailed, taking on the role of Shift Rectification Controller during periods of absence.
- Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times.
- Maintaining an effective changeover by debriefs or written log to provide a smooth transition and continuation of trade tasks between each shift where and when applicable
- All staff are to ensure that they maintain the standard of security policies and procedures as stipulated within Station and Hawk Security Standing Orders.
- All staff are responsible for ensuring that all Information Technology and Information Management processes, policies, procedures and controls are adhered to for all IT systems within their use.
- Champion a culture of Near Miss and Error Reporting and take the lead for subsequent investigations