Up to £0.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Our nuclear sector client has permanent roles for Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil Engineers to work at their site in the Oxfordshire area.
Purpose of Role
To provide line management and leadership to an assigned team to ensure that design, engineering, maintenance and project support is provided to an assigned area in accordance with standards and procedures required by the Nuclear Site Licence, other legislation and the Company.
Safety, Environment & Security
* Maintain your own safe & secure workplace, identifying safety, environmental and information security risks and hazards then apply STAR and report unusual occurrences
* Set out controls to ensure the safe delivery of tasks and ensure compliance with the local and Co Management System
* Determine and implement supervision levels supervise and monitor work activities ensuring safety/environmental controls are appropriate, understood and implemented ensuring the quality and compliance standards of their work is maintained.
* Oversee Contractors ensuring they have appropriate levels of supervision and are adhering to safety/environmental controls and delivering the planned work.
* Actively monitor and reinforce safety behaviours.
* Maintain your knowledge of the relevant local and Co management systems
* Identify risk on all work fronts and assess hazards and injury likelihood accordingly. Document assessments and record actions.
* Establish a safe operational culture and provide safety, security & environmental leadership
* Effectively lead, oversee and direct a functional/support team monitoring performance and maintaining delivery to plan.
* Set to work and effectively supervise the daily activities of a team monitoring performance against the planned work.
* Monitor the performance of Contractors and Supplied Workers to ensure they are delivering to quality and plan.
* Set and communicate work standards both within the team and to contractors (if applicable) and stakeholders.
* Establish the correct work ethic and culture within the team.
* Develop the skills, capabilities, and behaviours of your team. Use mentoring and coaching to ensure experience and knowledge is shared. Flagging risks and opportunities.
* Monitor and manage the performance of direct reports actively supporting those at risk of underperforming, or with unacceptable levels of absence.
* Lead on the development and maintenance of your personal skill, knowledge, authorisation and training required for your role.
* Manage budgets within agreed limits and delegations. Reporting performance and potential overs or under spends and provide accurate expenditure forecasts.
* Undertake investigations for near misses and events.
* Manage a team of in-house supervisors, craftsmen, ASWs and contractors to maintain a Cat 2 operational waste facility and other categorized buildings (currently in care and maintenance) to meet current legislation and Company requirements
* Provide technical and engineering advice and manage and/or support specific projects and engineering tasks associated with asset care (refurbishments, replacement, upgrades etc.)
* Ensure engineering and design work is compliant with Company management processes, current legislation and safety case requirements
* Ensure delivery of maintenance strategy and plan for all scheduled and unplanned maintenance
* Ensure all maintenance related records, documents and drawings are updated and controlled
* Put in place support contracts where local resources cannot deliver requirements
* Manage the production of Planned Maintenance Instructions required for maintenance delivery
* Manage the production of Safe Systems of Work to ensure safe delivery
* Support audits, investigations, inspections and Regulatory interventions
* Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company's Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in an appropriate engineering discipline
Member of an appropriate professional engineering institution
IOSH Managing Safely (training will be provided) E
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
Broad applied engineering background with relevant experience, preferably in nuclear or an equivalent highly regulated industry
Extensive experience of maintaining plant and buildings and managing maintenance teams
Comprehensive knowledge of Health and Safety and application of Safe Systems of Work
Flexibility and willingness to take on a range of tasks and challenges
Good IT skills, preferably with familiarity of Microsoft Office
Good interpersonal skills
Innovative, self-motivated and able to lead and work as part of a team E
RTC 06 Engineering Management & Technical Support
RTC 27 Operational Supervision & Works Control 3
Other RTC's may apply depending on qualifications and skills, e.g,
RTC 28 Electrical Safety 3
Able to be a classified radiation worker in accordance with Ionising Radiation Regulations (if assigned to a qualifying area).