5 months ago
Mathematical Modeller/Analyst - Lethality
Duration: 6 Months
Our client is a world leader in missile and weapons systems. They seek a contractor to undertake Mathematical Modelling tasks relating to Missile Lethality.
Lethality is critical in determining the capability of our client's products and ensuring target destruction with limited collateral damage. Lethality encompasses many aspects of the missile but focuses on the warhead and fuzing subsystems. The main contributing factors are:
- Guidance accuracy
- Target proximity detection
- Warhead detonation optimisation
- Development of lethality modelling, performance algorithm optimisation, and data analysis tools with significant visualisation (principally in MATLAB) to analyse the lethality model results.
- Lead studies to provide contributions to project performance statements, to enhance and optimise weapon performance.
- Prepare and give seminars/presentation to demonstrate Lethality and Warhead department capabilities to internal and external customers.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and ability:
- Mathematical Modelling.
- Algorithm Design.
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills.
Due to the sensitive nature of the product all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).