3 months ago
Morson International is looking for Materials/Production Planner for our defence client based in Glasgow.
Experience in a Manufacturing environment and familiar with ERP systems is essential.
- Load Customer demands on to the Master Production Schedule
- Efficiently manage Planner workbench activities
- Build relationships with all team members eg Team Leaders, Prog Managers, Buyers
- Report job progress eg Product Planning Review
- Report on material availability eg Lines of Balance
- Manage Inventory in line with Company goals
- Develop solutions to process issues in line with company objectives
- MRP II planning skills
- Knowledge of Manufacturing processes is essential.
- Be delivery orientated while ensuring the budget and all contractual commitments are met.
- Be an excellent communicator, with the ability to give clear and unambiguous instructions.
- Computer literacy, including a good working knowledge of spreadsheets is essential.
- Ability to provide analytical data reporting on Material availability (eg Line of Balance)
- Understanding of complex bills of material & routings would be an advantage.
Education and qualification:
- APICS or Institute of Operations Management is desirable but recognition of complimentary or associated awards will be beneficial to applicants.
- Experience in a Manufacturing environment and familiar with ERP systems.
- Familiarity within the Defence Industry would be beneficial.
Purpose of the role
- Responsible for the creation of an achievable production plan to support Operations requirements.
- Management of the required material plan to sustain the production plan
- Maintain both production and material plan, identifying risks, developing proposals and solutions. Implement required corrective actions.
- Manage Capacity Planning process and run regular production review meetings
- Provide departmental measures to allow monitoring and control of key activities