Isle of Wight, England
Up to £30.00 per hour + Negotiable
about 1 year ago
Morson have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Materials Engineer to join a leading Aerospace manufacturer on a 6-month contract at their Cowes office. This site specialises in the development & manufacture of composite jet-engine technology for civil and military aircraft, so the role is ideally suited to someone with a background in production for the Aerospace industry.
Please see below for details:
Pay Rate: £30.00 per hour LTD (Negotiable)
Duration: 6-Month Contract
Location: Cowes, Isle of Wight
Reporting to the Chief Materials Engineer, you will be responsible for the monitoring of production by both test and audit, ensuring robust process selection, implementation & control. You will support the delivery and deployment of a robust, repeatable and reliable manufacturing process that meets all the requirements.
* Monitoring the processes and maintaining the system that is capable of meeting all regulatory, internal and external requirements.
* Compilation of reports for the defined area.
* Development of the process controls and monitoring systems to deliver a conforming product.
* As required assist and advise on the instruction of new products, and/or modifications to existing products and associated materials and processes.
* Assist in the definition of manufacturing facilities and processing requirements. Providing support for the introduction of new facilities and equipment.
* Drive and participate in problem resolution, support problem definition, customer containment, root cause analysis, corrective and preventative actions.
* Assist and advise on the implementation of key projects and/or CI programs.
* Develop the required control plans to confirm conformance and capability.
* A sound background in materials engineering and in working in complex projects.
* Knowledge of processing methods and products of the client.
* Experience of continuous improvement and lean management.
* Proactive in regard to new developments of expertise required.
* Good interpersonal skills with effective team working.
* Proven ability to work and to deliver under own initiative.
* Ability to manage and to coordinate internal/external customer requirements.
* Achieving delivery to time cost and quality.
* PC literate - MS office programs.
* Self-motivated, resourceful, strong minded and committed.
* Flexible and capable of working in a complex environment.
* Capable of interfacing professionally with customers and suppliers.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: We seek a Materials Engineer who has ideally worked in an Aerospace or Defence environment in the UK within the last 12 months, or who is capable of obtaining Baseline Security Clearance (BPSS).