Up to £0.00 per annum + On full Benefits / 35000
2 months ago
MRP Controller / Materials Controller
Rate: 20ph /£35,000 (perm)
Purpose of the Job
Control and planning of material resources to ensure the production plan and business plan are met in the
most cost-effective way.
Position in the Organisation
UK&I Quality, Railway Safety and Performance Director > UK & Ireland Supply Chain Director > Head of Planning - Fleet >
Network & Links
External: Parts and Service Suppliers, Customers, Contractors & Third-Party Auditors
Internal: Supply Chain Department, Commercial Department, Tendering Teams, Sales Department, Operations Department, Project Management Team, Finance, Engineering & Project Staff.
* Control the Materials Requirements Planning process to ensure materials are available for Operational requirements whilst meeting inventory budgets
* To maintain & update MRP parameters in the business system, as well as the creation of new parts and management of obsolete material
* Material Availability (Missing Parts, Nearly Missing Parts)
* Actual Inventory vs Budgeted Inventory
* MRP data maintained
* Availability and reliability of trains
* Responsible for running and reviewing MRP daily including converting planned orders to requisitions and placing orders and schedules on suppliers (incl transfers) to meet demand.
* To measure and report on planned orders and requisitions held in need of additional sourcing data.
* To maintain MRP parameters (order point and order policy) to ensure adequate supply of materials based on lead time and cost.
* Creation of Material Master for new Items and maintenance of thereafter.
* To identify obsolete materials and liaise with Stores Management for the disposal through finance procedures, updating Material Master records with changes.
* To support the business through the provision of additional data in the form of reports and Key Performance indicators (KPI's) as specified by the Supply Chain.
* To ensure compliance to procedure and process.
* To provide full Supply Chain support for any identified project activities / requirements.
* To act as an ambassador for the company and the Supply Chain function both internally and externally
* Higher education preferred - HNC level or equivalent in a relevant discipline (Engineering, Sourcing, Supply Chain, Management etc) or appropriate knowledge gained through experience in similar roles.
* CIPS qualification (or be studying for CIPS) would be advantageous
Technical Knowledge / Experience
* Background in engineering preferable
* Working knowledge of inventory control system
* Experience in Railway industry preferable
* Sound Understanding of MRP (Push)Principles & JIT (Pull) Techniques
* IT literate with knowledge of MS Office
* Financial, analytical and negotiating skills
* Strong Team Player
* Excellent communication skills
* Corporate Team worker
* Self-directed and results focus
* Problem solving mindset
IF INTERESTED OR KNOW ANYONE WHO MIGHT BE PLEASE GET IN TOUCH.