Up to £35.00 per hour
about 2 months ago
Once Cleared to SC
BAe Systems Barrow have a requirement for a Materials Controller to undertake the below contract role.
The Material Controller will be responsible for undertaking material delivery related tasks with learning tailored towards developing the individual within their role.
Activities undertaken by the Material Controller will be carried out with the appropriate level of guidance and support, dependent upon the individuals level of development and capability.
* Comply with company SHE, security, mandatory training and business requirements.
* Provide updates to stakeholders on material status and issues (internal and external supply) whilst taking appropriate actions and expediting with support/supervision.
* Updating business systems in line with the System of Work and departmental processes.
* Assist in the resolution of routine problems and escalate where necessary
* Demonstrate awareness of departmental policies and procedures.
* Prepare and collate data, to support departmental reports.
* Demonstrate 'Right First Time attitude, supporting any continuous improvement/Learning from Experience activity.
* Develop understanding of appropriate business systems, tools and techniques to ensure compliance with function processes and procedures.
* Display professional behaviours in all areas of performance and duties.
* Ability to identify and assist in the resolution of issues
* Basic project management skills e.g. organisation and time management
* Good communication and relationship management skills
* Keen to learn and develop the skills and knowledge required for the material delivery role
* Motivated and driven to deliver departmental and business targets
* Proficient in the use of standard Microsoft packages and business systems