Prestwick, South Ayrshire
£30.00 - £35.00 per hour
21 days ago
Materials and Processes Engineer:
* Compiling First Part Qualification Plans and Reports for A320 Family, A380, A350XWB and Boeing 747-8
* Reviewing supplier process Technique Sheets & Composite Manufacturing Requirements (CMR) documents
* Supporting the running of Materials & Processes related tasks with various internal Spirit teams, other Spirit business units, external suppliers & our customers
* Supporting the needs of the business for provision of and advice on customer, national and international material and process specifications, ensuring that released information and data meets with the Design and Legislative requirements whilst taking into account health and safety needs
* Advising on the selection & properties of aircraft materials and fasteners, processes and protective treatments
* Expertise on different test methods including chemical, physical and mechanical and the corresponding test results analysis
* Review and provide advice on technical documentation submitted by suppliers
* Liaise with suppliers & customers in the management and control of technically vetted documents in order to achieve customer approval
* Responsible for the creation, maintenance & auditing of business engineering processes, etc.
* Desirable: Knowledge of Metallic and Non-metallic materials and corresponding manufacturing processes/ protective and heat treatments, surface treatment.