Up to £32.00 per hour
4 months ago
6 Months +
Our Portsmouth Client has a requirement for a Materials & Process Engineer to undertake the below contract role.
Providing materials, mechanical parts and processes engineering support to the various business unit projects as required. Contributing to the Materials and Processes team mission, assuring the quality of materials and processes used in Airbus products. This role reports to the respective site Materials Engineering Manager.
Main tasks and responsibilities
* To provide a support as a technical authority for material and process related qualifications, approvals and any process related issues/non-conformances to internal and external customers alike.
* Act as the responsible materials engineer for one or more project or product teams, acting as the single contact point for the resolution of all materials and processes issues.
* Interfacing with internal and external customers to ensure that all materials and processes are fully approved within project timescales and with respect to customer quality requirements.
* To instigate and manage to completion materials and processes selection, development, evaluation and qualification programmes.
* To prepare declared materials and processes lists, ensuring that all qualifications for both materials and processes have been achieved by the Critical Design Reviews.
* Actively participate in transnational meetings to drive the standardisation of process links between sited.
* Develop a position as the main technical interface with ESA for review and development of component mounting standards.
* To review and approve, where necessary, supplier or subcontractor materials and processes documentation.
* To monitor the technical performance of suppliers and subcontractors participating in audits as required.
* To provide training and assist in the development of other members of the department.
* Materials and processes knowledge in relevant fields such as:
o electronics technology
o printed circuit boards,
o soldering and SMT & micro-joining techniques
o welding, metal finishing,
o paints, coatings & adhesives.
o working knowledge of failure analysis techniques
* Good interpersonal skills, communication and presentation capability.
* Facilitation skills for leading problem solving and risk analysis.
* Autonomy, ability to work with minimum supervision.
* 3 years + experience of working in a controlled, high technology environment, ideally Aerospace or Defence
* Multi-disciplinary team working.
* Transnational awareness.
* Appreciation of audits and continuous improvement.
* Awareness of health and safety, environment and COSHH.
* National and international travel.
* Materials Engineer at graduate level with wide knowledge of metals and non-metals.