29 days ago
Purpose of role:
- Overall management and accountability to ensure that all materials and tooling at the pre-production phase are identified, kitted and available to allow work to be passed to production. This role will co-ordinate and work collaboratively with the stores and supply chain team to ensure the daily drum beat of work is released to production.
Key Technical Skills:
- Good communication skills to ensure information can be flowed within the IDT and industrial levels.
- High levels of customer focus to ensure that delivery meets and exceeds the set expectations set by both the Ship staff and COM's.
- Good understanding of Health and Safety requirements/legislation.
- Good financial awareness skills to ensure value for money for material and tooling provision, with the aim of reducing material costs to projects.
- Excellent problem solving skills that enables information to be collated processed so solutions are put in place to assist the daily drum beat of production teams.
- Good people and behavioural skills to motivate a team to deliver effectively against tight schedules.
- Must be methodical when reviewing information within IFS so that faults and issues can be identified and corrected prior to work being released.
- Has the ability to interpret Engineering specifications, drawings and guidance to ensure material and tooling provision is readily accessible to Team Leaders and industrial staff prior to it being released.
- Computer literate and good understanding of IFS, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of IDT role and functionality
- FASTER process.
- Ability to demonstrate ship repair experience
- IFS competent
- Understand business processes to ensure governance and compliance.
- Lean leadership skills and techniques.
- Excel, Word.
- Engineering trade.
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance