Thirsk, North Yorkshire
£20000.00 - £22000.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
Our World Leading Manufacturing client has a requirement for a Material Controller to join their Supply Chain department within their North Yorkshire site.
This position is ideal to strengthen and broaden your Supply Chain capabilities, and develop yourself in the company Supply Chain function. The successful candidate will work in an exciting, challenging environment.
The Material Planners contribution is vital in delivering change to the business to help the company achieve its service and growth objectives. The ideal candidate will be able to deliver customer service and financial KPIs in the Production Materials Planning role, leveraging strong ownership and analytical skills.
* Ensure full traceability of all raw materials required for on time fulfilment of customer orders to ensure no stock outs
* Review and challenge key order factors including but not limited to order size, frequency, supplier lead times, contracts, in order to optimise plant and inventory efficiency
* Manage inventory levels (volume and value) in line with business targets
* Any other miscellaneous duties as required
* Experience within supply chain/ production planning / purchasing in a manufacturing environment
* Must be diligent, committed, and prepared to manage tasks through to completion, with a high level of attention to detail
* Must be numerate, logical and able to make decisions based on calculation of empirical data
* Clear communication skills (verbal and written)
* Ideally some previous experience with planning and/or production processes through the use of MRP/ERP manufacturing systems (e.g. SAP)
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications intermediate user of MS Excel
* Must demonstrate a desire and capability for personal development