10 months ago
The Material Accountant (MA) post is key within the Supply Chain and warehouse environment to ensure fulfilment of Receipt, Store, Maintain & Issue (RSMI) and management of the provision of material requirements associated to the demand and consumption of Equipment Support Materiel (ES Mat) and General Support Materiel (GS Mat) to directly influence the DSG output to meet customer requirements.
- Ensure all operations are conducted safely and any H&S concerns or suggested improvements are highlighted
- Comply with Risk Assessments and Process Guides
- To action the receipt of consignments within the Goods Inward Department using MJDI, ensuring all consignments are checked in accordance with DLF policies and that any discrepancies following a non-technical inspection are actioned accordingly in conjunction with the DR Cell.
- Ensure that there are clear processes in place to ensure the material is segregated for each internal end user
- Maintain safe custody holdings and earmarks
- Maintain stock level accuracy within the warehouse
- Verify the accuracy of inventory and store locations records
- Identify areas of weakness in the control of the materiel
- Conduct stocktaking programmes in accordance with DLF, ensuring accurate results and procedures are recorded and actioned
- Manage the generation of Bills of Material using IT systems and provide accurate status information to key stakeholders
- Manage batch controlled and serialised items in accordance with DLF
- Bring to account all material returns ensuring there is a process based on MATCON
- Ensure all AinU returns are managed and that `dues in' are managed
- Ensure material stored within the warehouse does not contravene compatibility rules
- Undertake all cross service issues and back loading instructions using MJDI and the F8883 process
- Ensure the warehouse environment is maintained in a professional manner
- Liaise with other stakeholders within the Supply Chain to formulate process improvement plans
- Carry out consignment tracking using VITAL
- Ensure that daily alerts on MJDI are managed and recorded
- The post holder will be required to work flexibly and should be prepared to perform other tasks that are outside the normal duties of the post but are within the capabilities and grade
- Ensure all demands vetted to ensure entitlement and carry out demand progression
- Manage MJDI Information Exchange Requirements (IER) which provides a comprehensive set of messages covering demand satisfaction, partial issue, cancellation and consignment tracking
- Ensure all demands are placed against AinU's (either consuming or non-consuming)
- Ensure the appropriate priority code is used in accordance with the SCPT Matrix contained within DLF
- Ensure that all receipts are transacted without delay and that outstanding `dues' are managed within the Discrepancy timeframe.
- Discrepant receipts are to be actioned for non-arrival or damaged assets as detailed in DLF and using information provided on the daily U592 report
- Carry out all required ES/GS Mat transactional activities on the appropriate Management Information System (MIS), primarily Management of the Joint Deployed Inventory (MJDI), in accordance with DLF and relevant MIS instructions
- Carry out the progression of material demands using all available tools and documentation and advise Supply Section Manager of outstanding material that will affect the target date set by the customer
- Ensure the MJDI account is correctly structured in accordance with DLF. This will include the creation and management of Unit accounts and AinU's (consuming and non-consuming).
- Advise on Scale Override Factors (SOF)
- Ensure that all issues to non-MJDI Units are managed and cleared receipts are obtained
- Ensure that all `dues' are managed in accordance with the time frames stipulated in DLF. This includes the return of unserviceable P and L class assets.
- Monitor stock levels and apply for the disposal of surplus assets
- Ensure all MJDI Alerts and Alarms are checked and actioned accordingly
- Ensure daily output reports are managed. Of particular importance is the daily U060 output which details all auditable documents from the previous day's activities. It is essential that this is maintained for Account Closure.
- Maintain compliance with all current MOD, government and European procurement legislation
- Support the business in its procurement needs
- Procure materiel within legislation to achieve target dates for customer
- Maintain and further supplier/customer relationship
- Assist in the improvement of standards within the team in pursuance of best practice/efficiency improvements
- Provide support & assistance to the procurement and wider I&RM supply chain team
- Liaise with other logistic personnel where necessary to ascertain requirements
- To support the business in its procurement needs
- Maintain compliance with all MoD, Government and European procurement legislation ensuring currency and competency of procedure and placement where applicable
- The post holder will be required to work flexibly and should be prepared to perform other tasks that are outside the normal duties of the post but are within the capabilities