Morson are recruiting Material Management personel for there client BAE Systems based in Barro-in-Furness.
To manage the control of materials, tools and consumables from receipt to despatch/delivery whilst maintaining system applications.
Core Duties May Include
• The accurate receipt, replenishment, issue, transfer and / or delivery of materials, tools and consumables using relevant Logistics systems and processes (including calibration and maintenance of equipment).
• Carry out inventory checks and undertake stock discrepancies activity to reconcile inventory records.
• Collation of transport data such as; quantity of pallets collected where required, tachographs as appropriate (for transport specific employees).
• Run relevant data reports using systems based applications and communicate as required.
• Control and management of reverse logistics.
• Adherence to Logistics Process Instructions.
• Use of radio and or relevant communication methods as required.
• Support loading and unloading of vehicles in a safe and timely manner and in line with company procedures.
• Conduct basic checks prior to using company vehicles or equipment and ensure that defects are recorded and reported promptly.
• Ensure compliance with site safety standards (including pedestrian safety).
• Support audit activities as required.
• Operation of tooling and mechanical handling equipment to support receipt and issue of material as required, in a safe manner complying with company operating procedures at all times.
• Relevant knowledge of Logistics systems
• Knowledge of Microsoft office (excel, word, access)
• Good communication, customer service and interpersonal skills
• Management/control of materials experience
• Experience of mechanical handling equipment
• Dangerous goods and COSHH awareness
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.