US$13.00 - US$15.00 per annum
3 months ago
Job Title: Material Handler 1
SUMMARY Performs physical or administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing, and distribution of materials, parts, supplies and equipment. Examines stocks, distributes materials to inventory, to manufacturing lines, and for fulfilment of customer demand. Unpacks and validates goods received against purchase orders or other invoices. Lifts heavy items and may operate a forklift. Prepares and maintains records of items shipped, records of received goods, and other transactional documentation. Posts weights, shipping charges, and prepares goods for final shipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Receives material.
2. Checks material against documentation for proper nomenclature, identification and quantity.
3. Sorts, counts and checks received goods, raw materials, finished or semi-finished parts and subassemblies.
4. Stores articles in proper location.
5. Pulls items, issues material, supplies, components and parts from stock.
6. Prepares stock kits for production departments.
7. Audits contents of kits and stock.
8. Initiates reorder when minimum quantities are reached.
9. Prepares shortage documentation.
10. Reviews status of shortages, back order files and inventory status reports.
11. Interfaces with other functional areas such as receiving inspection, production control and assembly departments in order to coordinate shortages or expedite stock problems.
12. Keeps stock in orderly arrangement.
13. Researches part numbers.
14. Maintains documents and files.
15. Utilizes small hand tools, scales and operates material handling equipment such as forklifts, skids, pallet handlers and hand trucks.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
* Excellent verbal (telephone) communication skills
* Ability to work well with others and complete tasks with minimal supervision
* Solid team and people skills
* Strong customer service skills
* Flexibility and agility skills
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.