£17000.00 - £22000.00 per annum
4 months ago
Job Title: Material Planner / Buyer
Location - Preston
We are currently working with an award-winning luxury brand based in Preston. An opportunity has arisen within the Purchasing function, for a Material Planner to join and develop into a Buyer.
Main Functions of Role:
- To create, process and transmit purchase orders for all raw material supplies to ensure minimum stock holding and on time delivery using an MRP System.
- To support other business functions as required in processing purchase orders through to completion.
- To liaise by telephone/e-mail with all suppliers as necessary to ensure on time supply of goods.
- To process invoice queries relating to discrepancies in quantity, part number or description and pass for approval;
- To liaise with the warehouse team leader to ensure appropriate supplier action is taken when required
- To provide accurate information to support daily meetings with regards to any supplier actions.
- To assist the purchasing department with administrative task as required.
Experience/ Personal Attributes:
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar role preferably within a manufacturing environment. Must be willing to talk to people face to face (or over the phone) and build relationships.
- Can do attitude and willingness to help others in solving problems.
- Computer literate in the areas of Excel and have experience using MRP systems (not essential).
This is a permanent position with growth potential based on successful completion of the probation period. Starting as a material planner it is hoped the successful candidate will grow the role into a full Buyer with increasing strategic responsibility.
For further information please contact Jack Dawkins -