£16.67 - £21.10 per hour
about 1 month ago
Morson International are recruiting material controllers on behalf on BAE Systems, to join their site in Portsmouth.
The role involves managing all materials and tooling at the pre-production phase, ensuring they are identified, kitted and available to allow work to be passed to production. This role will co-ordinate and work collaboratively with logistics and supply chain team.
- Accountable for pre-production checks to ensure right materials and tooling is assigned to work orders that enable Team Leaders to allow first time execution of work.
- Work collaboratively with MoD team so these are collected from the ship and kitted as part of the kitting and pre-production checks process.
- Accountable for maintaining and monitoring both the consumable containers and line side feeds.
- Work collaboratively with other stakeholders such as logistics to improve the material provision and recommend adjustments to the Min/Max stock levels accordingly to ensure the right level of materials are is always available.
- Accountable for taking issues and problems with materials/tooling and apply fundamental problem solving skills to resolve issues that arise from production delivery.
- Ensure the parts database within SAP are as accurate as possible and achieve sharing of best practices across the material community.
- Keep up-to-date with document control, including ITAR.
- Ensure pre-requisites are advanced to Green, to allow production to deliver, in accordance with schedule.
Skills and experience:
- A good knowledge of ship building/warships would be advantageous
- Ability to Find and extract Material components from customer requirements and liaise with customer where necessary to resolve technical issues.
- PC literate and competent with Microsoft Excel/Access and able to use an ERP system without supervision to undertake the planning role.
- Logical, analytical and structured approach to problem solving
- Self management and motivation to identify and deliver tasks within acceptable time
- Able to support other team members and monitor own progress against planned delivery and quality targets and to contribute to continuous improvement of the planning function.
- Awareness of general H&S/Environmental regulations and safe working practices
Shifts/hours may vary. Early shift or back shift may be required.
Due to the nature of the work, successful candidates will be required to gain security clearance before eligible to start on site.