Up to £18.00 per hour
5 months ago
Morson International are looking to recruit an experienced Material and Stock Controller on behalf of our aerospace client based in Stevenage.
The purpose of the role is:
- To provide the timely and accurate compilation and delivery of kits, consumables "as required" items and raw materials to production, assembly, integration and test areas.
- To ensure material receipt, distribution and accurate kitting in accordance with production & Project schedules to meet AD&S's business targets.
- To ensure the accuracy and availability of inventory by performing cycle counting and shelf life control processes in accordance with the business system operation procedures.
- To coordinate consignment stock requirements based on daily consumption providing weekly reports of usage and cost.
- Interface between the AIT/ASP operational, project, Logistics & planning teams to identify forward load shortages & priorities.
- Interface with STV & PTH sites regarding Interplant demand & supply.
- Import/Export team regarding receipts, international shipments & Hazardous goods.
- To Coordinate with Site Facilities regarding building maintenance and repairs.
- Interfacing with Service Providers for Equipment & machinery Maintenance calibration and repair.
- Promoting the role and business value, of Continuous Improvement partnerships across the entire end-to-end supply chain.
- The control of goods received
- Inventory management
- Use of ERP (SAP)
- The visibility and control of material & kits for Storage & Distribution Pre & Post Project Delivery.
- GSE handling, tracking & calibration planning
- The control of hazardous /high value/hyper sensitive goods in high-risk areas/ on site.
- Health & Safety Management:- COSHH Requirements, ISO14001 Environmental/Safety
- Motorised Equipment Trainin
- Critical measurement of flight equipment against Project specification.
- Flight Equipment Budgeting and Provision
- Critical Mmeasurement :- Particle Count, Temperature & Humidity Count
- Inputs to 'Hard & Soft' PDCA KPI's for management review monthly reporting.
- Attend weekly GOMP meetings
- Inputs to weekly progress 'Flash' reports
- Supply Chain Logistics.
- Hazardous & sensitive Equipment handling...
- Facility & maintenance deployment in a Clean Room (Class 100) environment.
- Effective communications
- Product Liability & Safety Policy
- Lean Manufacturing, MRP, JIT, Kanban, Poke Yoke, FMEA, 5S
- Quality & Safety Function Deployment.
- Customer Service
- Self- Audits
- Value stream mapping.
- Inventory Mangement
- Success in efficiently providing and maintaining safe & secure facilities, equipment and related manpower resources to ensure Projects are proactively and comprehensively supported.
- To ensure that AIT facilities conform with Health & Safety & Environmental Control requirements
- To demonstrate personal ownership of tasks by taking the 'lead', utilising the wider team as necessary for support and advice, performing the necessary planning to enable you to take decisive action and producing the visibility needed to effectively deliver to an agreed plan.
- Communicates both verbally and in written form. Is able to create confidence and understanding and gain commitment from others.
- Regular meetings with stakeholders and minutes to record investigations and outcomes.
- Personal drive and motivation
- Team working
- Planning, organisation and prioritisation
- Experience & direct involvement in the application of 'Lean', Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement manufacturing tools & techniques.
Please note, due to the restricted nature of the work, the successful candidate will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance