£16.67 - £21.10 per hour
5 months ago
Morson are looking to recruit Material Controllers to join our defence client, based in Portsmouth.
Purpose of role:
Overall management and accountability to ensure that all materials and tooling at the pre-production phase are identified, kitted and available to allow work to be passed to production. This role will co-ordinate and work collaboratively with the stores and supply chain team to ensure the daily drum beat of work is released to production.
Tasks and Activities:
Accountable for pre-production checks to ensure right materials and tooling is assigned to work orders that enable Team Leaders to allow first time execution of work.
Ownerships for kitting materials to work orders in the lay apart areas so materials are in hand and not just shown on IFS. Deliver kitted work orders to the receipt and despatch area of the project.
When materials are MSM work collaboratively with MoD team so these are collected from the ship and kitted as part of the kitting and pre-production checks process.
Key Technical Skills:
- Good communication skills
- High levels of customer focus to ensure that delivery meets and exceeds the set expectations set by both the Ship staff and COM's.
- Good financial awareness skills to ensure value for money for material and tooling provision, with the aim of reducing material costs to projects.
- Excellent problem solving skills that enables information to be collated processed so solutions are put in place to assist the daily drum beat of production teams.
- Good people and behavioural skills to motivate a team to deliver effectively against tight schedules.
- Must be methodical when reviewing information within IFS so that faults and issues can be identified and corrected prior to work being released.
- Computer literate and good understanding of IFS, Word and Excel.