Up to £17.00 per hour
3 months ago
Our client in Edinburgh is looking for an experienced Material Controller to control the supply of manufactured and purchased items, in a time frame that supports the Master Production Schedule (MPS).
The successful candidate will ensure that all material in supply chain is at an appropriate build standard, Maintaining material status within SAP expediting internal make and external supply items to ensure compliance to plan. Monitor output from the SAP plan and report on non compliance.
- Product knowledge including material make-up and suppliers
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge and experience of expediting material
- Good organisational skills, demonstrated through ability to plan and prioritise
- Good understanding of company cost systems & key performance metrics
- Experience of material planning and control environments.
- Knowledge of manufacturing environments.
- Experience of SAP essential.
Process (Key Result Areas)
- Interface with M&SC and Procurement to facilitate progress to completion of WIP or delivery of materials in accordance with required schedule
- Control Customer returns and engage with internal stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate supplier scheduling that may be impacting progress to completion of material to the plan
- Review , release and manage internal work orders in line with the plan
- Control of RTV material logistics from shop-floor back to supplier.
- Implementation of FRB/MRB actions.
- Delivery of kits to and from the line .
- Call off material from suppliers to the plan convert to PO's against procurement enabled PIR's or SAP contracts.
- Advise relevant internal stakeholders when delays likely to impact achievement of MPS, proposing re-prioritisation of work within the plan and solve problems
- Control supplier schedule/expediting priorities considering impact on other projects involving the same supplier. Escalate via Procurement if contractual impact
- Ensure supplier is contractually enabled to comply to push-pull messages
- Initiation of shipping process
- Administer & reschedule production orders.
- Attends & contributes to load board reviews.
- Key member of IPT.