£17.08 - £22.60 per hour
about 1 month ago
Morson are currently looking to recruit a Logistics/Material Controller, ideally with dangerous goods experience or experience with defence/military components. The role is an initial 6 month contract with our aerospace and defence client based in Portsmouth.
- To proactively and comprehensively handle all activities related to the Importing, Exporting, Shipping and Logistics of the business.
- To ensure compliance with all HMRC procedures and regulations.
- Interface between the operational staff, project & Manufacturing area Managers.
- Interface with Logistics /Transport/Goods in/ Export & Compliance Departments both Portsmouth & Stevenage.
- Central Finance.
- Purchasing & Procurement Departments.
- Interfacing with Logistics Service Providers, National & International Authorities Transportation, airline & licensing authorities.
- HM Revenue & Customs.
- External service providers.
- To Co-ordinate Import and Export activities for the resident site, conforming to HM Revenue & Customs regulations and the following governing departments & organisations using the appropriate business systems where applicable.
- Controls & Coordinates dispatching of goods via Service Provider (DHL, UPS, Laser, Fraser etc) using dedicated software provided.
- Monitor & Record all imports, both EU and outside EU, recording duty status Deferred, waiver etc.
- Checking & monitoring of Freight/courier invoices for payment ensuring accurate costing, charging to project where applicable in a timely manner.
- Ensure all HM Revenue & Customs duty liabilities are fulfilled, minimising cost to the business.
- Raising necessary paperwork concerning all movements of Dangerous Goods.
- Raising of proforma invoices, obtaining information required from requestor & export control.
- Filling and scanning and administration.
- Operational liaison with National & International logistics/transportation.
- Import/Export & Customs Compliance & Regulations.
- Previous experience within an International / multi-site Engineering, or Manufacturing environment.
- Previous Logistics, Transportation & Customs responsibility.
- Working knowledge of supply chain logistics.
- Effective communications.
- International Transportation legislation & procedure.
- Customer Service.
- SAP business system.
- PC Literate.
- Experience & direct involvement in continuous improvement process tools & techniques.
- Current Dangerous Goods Certificate for IATA (air), ADR (road) and IMDG (Sea).
- Purchasing & supply chain exposure.
- Previous background in telecommunications space industry.