£54000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
7 months ago
Morson International is proud to be the recruitment partner for The Low Carbon Contracts Company as they embark upon the next stage of their recruitment campaign.
The Low Carbon Contracts Company (LCCC) and the Electricity Settlements Company (ESC) sit at the heart of the delivery of the UK's goals for secure, affordable and sustainable electricity. Run as a private, not for profit limited company, the LCCC primarily provides the mechanism behind Contracts for Difference (CfD) - a contract introduced by the government to incentivise investment in secure, low-carbon electricity.
By enabling smaller low-carbon generators to gain entry through long-term revenue stabilisation, the LCCC plays a pivotal part in the UK's Energy Market Reform, the biggest change to the electricity market since privatisation.
5 years from its inception and having met short term objectives, they look now to move to the next strategic phase and are investing significantly in the workforce and are now looking to recruit a [Markets & Insights Manager] to contribute towards ongoing success
The Policy & Insights team has a central role in LCCC's strategy leading on our Trusted Advisor function leading on developing the LCCC's image as a Centre of Expertise.
We focus on innovating and advising government and other expert or delivery bodies around the future development of the schemes and the broader energy market, through: developing insights with the aim to elevate the public debate and enhance our image as Centre of Expertise, including proactively identifying, scoping and supporting the delivery of value-adding online publications, in anticipation of our work as Trusted Advisors.
We also manage the advisory interface with BEIS and Ofgem on the evolution of the schemes and energy market, enabling LCCC to act as Trusted Advisors to key stakeholders in the policy and regulatory space. Keeping the business informed on scheme and market-wide changes via the policy committee as well as working closely with the business in forming company positions on key topics and supporting the internal understanding of policy intent that underpins the schemes
As a small team that deals with the uncertainties of policy development all members are expected to be agile and both able and willing to support each other in the delivery of the teams' overall responsibilities.
The Markets & Insights Manager will report to the Head of Policy & Insights and will work in close collaboration with the rest of the Policy & Insights team, support our strategy and business development function and the wider organisation to ensure effective delivery of the companies Trusted advisor and Centre of Expertise objectives.
The role will:
Will be able to:
Experience/Skills Required for the Role:
Will have a good understanding of:
· The sustainability, the decarbonisation agenda & UK's Net Zero agenda
· The UK's energy policy landscape and regulations and how it needs to evolve
· The UK's energy sector and institutional landscape
Will have knowledge of:
Will have experience of:
· Reviewing lengthy/detailed reports and policy documents and filter out relevant information
· Experience of explaining and presenting complex technical, market and/or regulatory information clearly and demonstrating its relevance to an issue;
· Experience of working with a range of stakeholders, ideally within the public and utilities sector;
· Project management, namely of consultants and analytical work;
· Writing briefings and insights.
· Familiar with Office 365, word, excel, power point or equivalent
· Excellent qualitative and quantitative research skills
· Good oral and written communications skills
· Able to develop and deliver clear presentations
· Able to undertake directional analysis
· Knowledge of data visualisation technics, including info graphics