£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Benefits
3 months ago
Morson International has entered in to a partnership with a telecommunications company to attract the best talent for projects up and down the UK. Our client is an alternative provider of wholesale fibre network infrastructure. They are experiencing rapid growth and we are now looking for a: Market Analyst - London
The market analyst is responsible for maintaining and updating in house market sizing, segmentation and trend analysis to support product development plans, maintain relevant price books, and feed into investment business cases and long range business planning. The market analysis will also carry out analysis to support product development plans and go to market city strategies for the UK's leading alternative fibre infrastructure provider.
As such they will:
* Maintain relevant databases of information on the market, competitors and other benchmarks as needed. Publish internally quarterly updates to in house market sizing, segmentation and trend analysis to support business planning and decision making across the company
Act as the single source of all market facts, estimates and trends in the market across the business.
* Create, find or commission relevant external datasets.
* Keep the business at all levels informed of the state of the market, changes and trends.
* Create and own the commercial inputs into all modelling work and assist as needed with instructing and managing external consulting engagements.
* Define the pricing and market share inputs into the long range business plan and city by city plans and other relevant commercial models as needed in collaboration with our financial modelling function.
* Support city selection analysis by maintaining a city by city prioritisation analysis.
* Create and maintain a whole market view of all competitors, products and prices within the UK, along with relevant European and international benchmarks.
* Maintain in house market sizing, segmentation and trend analysis.
* Create and maintain a city by city view of market demand and competition, including consumer demographics, business market, public sector market, mobile market, competitor activity, coverage etc. to support commercial decisions and build a database of potential new cities as potential new fibre infrastructure investments.
* Own the pricing schedules for all products - keep these up to date and manage changes through the business in reaction to market events, working with Product Managers and Head of Product.
* Maintain a history of our models, inputs, prices and other data.
* Own the pricing and market share inputs into our long range business plan and city by city models: Define long range price views by product/location/speed; Define required outputs needed to support decision making.
* Work with finance to approve business cases where pricing or market sizing knowledge is required.
* Input into and validate output of all external financial and market consulting.
* Communicate to all business functions on a regular basis the current view of the market and it's evolution.
* Identify external data we need and either commission relevant research engagements or manage access to 3rd party databases.
* Act as the single source of knowledge for the business to support sales, marketing, consumer and other verticals with market intelligence analysis and research.
* Sales, Marketing and Consumer
* Corporate Finance / financial modelling
* Market research firms
Knowledge & Experience
* Advanced Excel with a modelling focus
* Strong PowerPoint report writing skills
* Market analysis / strategy experience
* Management consulting, research firm, in house analytics or other similar experience.
* Product management and development experience.
* Business case development experience.
* Knowledgeable about the UK and European telecoms infrastructure market structure and products
* Graduate degree
* More advanced analytical / financial modelling training
Please contact Matthew Owen at Morson International for further information