Up to £0.00 per annum
15 days ago
Morson International are recruiting Welders with ship building/marine experience, on behalf of our prestigious defence client, BAE Systems, based in Portsmouth.
Operations division are involved in the repair and refit of both Royal Naval and Commercial vessels. The majority of the work will be completed on-board ships either moored alongside or in dry docks with the remaining work being performed in various workshops throughout the dockyard.
Candidates must have a good understanding of plate work and ideally be conversant or have experience within the ship repair industry.
Candidates must be time served, and able to provide apprenticeship certificate.
Candidates must be:
- Proficient in the use of MMA and MIG/MAG/FCAW welding processed in ferrous and non-ferrous materials
- Have basic understanding of the operational controls of the equipment associated with the above welding processes
- Able to work on tasks requiring radiographic/ultrasonic examination and pass required welder approval tests
- Able to understand written and oral work instructions including use of welding procedure specifications and capable of interpreting engineering drawings showing welding symbols
- Understanding of hot work and confined space
- Trained in the use of hand held grinders and changing of the abrasive wheels associated with this equipment
Due to the nature of the work, candidates will be required to gain security clearance before eligible to work on site.