Up to £27000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Our client has 2 full-time permanent positions for Marine Mechanical Fitters based in Torpoint, Cornwall.
Successful candidates will have served a recognised apprenticeship to an NVQ level 3 or equivalent and be able to demonstrate good working knowledge of mechanical repair and refit on a range of craft from 3m speedboats to 36m 350 ton vessels.
* Be familiar with most propulsion and steering systems
* Be conversant with all aspects of diesel engines including fault finding, maintenance & servicing.
* Have good knowledge of engine / gearbox installation including ancillaries and alignment of engine / gearbox to shafts.
* Have a knowledge of systems including, fresh water, domestic, salt water systems , e.g. engine cooling.
- Basic knowledge of Hydraulics, LP air systems
- Bilge systems & black/grey water systems
- Heating systems
* Have a good knowledge of workshop machinery including lathe and milling machine.
You will be required to work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 0730 - 1615, overtime worked outside these hours is paid at time and a half.