Aerospace and Defence
Up to £33.14 per hour
7 months ago
Morson are looking to recruit a Marine Maintenance Engineer on behalf of our prestigious client based in Portsmouth.
The client is looking for a candidate to convert customer requirements into production ready tasks, suitable for integration into a deliverable project schedule and simple to prepare and deliver. This will involve using technical knowledge to determine the hours, materials and services required for each task and coordinating the preparation of these in time for delivery, using business systems and processes in a proactive way.
- Interpret customer requirements to create suitable task list breakdown structures representing current production processes and method, to identify dependencies and carry out any required low-level scheduling.
- Identify the materials, sub-contracts and services required in support of the work and liaise with the supply chain function and review quotes to ensure plans contain an accurate cost and all the work scope is covered.
- Calculate the hours effort for each trade required using production process standards, parametric estimating methods and own knowledge
- Carry out all pre-production checks to ensure that the tasks can be moved through the Ways of Working process utilising the Yellow board to enable work to progress through onto Green. To also rectify Planning issues identified on the Pink and Red boards to assist progress back through to Green.
- To help maintain cost estimating and standard job libraries by creating and enhancing standard task lists with parts information in accordance with part creation policy, taking previous feedback and performance history into account.
- Participates in and supports the creation and display performance metrics used to measure planning output; suggesting and promoting potential improvements
- Maintain a close relationship with the production trade heads and sub-contractors to ensure that we continuously improve and benchmark our planning and estimating norms
- Ensuring that any Non - Conforming product or service discovered during any activity is reported to the appropriate authority.
- Coaching where applicable new starters/Apprentices
- A good knowledge of Warship business.
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of ship repair production processes, methods and safe practices within one or more trade disciplines and the practical implications of product safety assurance.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings/specifications and customer requirements and liaise with customer where necessary to resolve technical issues
- Ability to carry out ship visits both in the UK and abroad to evaluate customer requirements in more detail
- PC literate and competent with Microsoft Excel/Access and able to use an ERP system without supervision to undertake the planning role
- Logical, analytical and structured approach to problem solving
- Self-management and motivation to identify and deliver tasks within acceptable time frames with minimal guidance and supervision
- Able to support other team members and monitor own and team progress against planned delivery and quality targets and to contribute to continuous improvement of the planning function
- In depth knowledge of production processes and safety within a ship repair environment and how they are deployed
- Awareness of general H&S/Environmental regulations and safe working practices
- Good knowledge of Navy/Commercial platforms and systems along with MoD systems and references for technical data such as BRs etc
Rate: £33.14 LTD
Duration: 4 months