Morson are looking to recruit a Marine Maintenance Engineer on behalf of our prestigious client based in Portsmouth.
The client is looking for a candidate to convert customer requirements into production ready tasks, suitable for integration into a deliverable project schedule and simple to prepare and deliver. This will involve using technical knowledge to determine the hours, materials and services required for each task and coordinating the preparation of these in time for delivery, using business systems and processes in a proactive way.
- Assist in the compilation of Maintenance work-packages (encompassing Fleet Time Planned and Unplanned and Docking/Upkeep), with support of the Principal/Senior Engineer, ensuring that the task information is correct and the work is required, meets product safety requirements and can be readily planned and estimated by the delivery teams.
- Reflect maintenance pertaining to Classification and registers within the work package Interrogate UMMS regularly to complete all work flows for specified work package(s) as well as looking ahead to identify maintenance that requires long term planning.
- Support production of operational defects and DEFREP responses within maintenance scope for the Class or designated platform / systems.
- Assist in the Drafting of Technical Queries within maintenance scope for the class or designated platform / systems.
- To be aware of and the need for the planning and coordination of Test and Trials Work toward understanding of the requirement Maintenance data management
- Understand the requirement for Engineering governance
- Possesses knowledge of the fundamentals within the maintenance engineering discipline
- Understanding of ship and engineering maintenance / repair planning and delivery skills working under a sustained pressurised environment.
- Able to contribute to a team based working environment.
- Basic understanding of Project Planning processes.
- Basic understanding of Project Delivery processes
- Have a basic knowledge of Risk Management principles
Rate: £31.50 LTD
Duration: 6 months