£13.80 - £36.36 per hour
27 days ago
The HMS Prince of Wales is due to dock in November and the HMS Queen Elizabeth will also be returning from sea trials so our client will shortly have a need for increased contractor headcount. Based in HM Naval base Portsmouth in support of Royal Navy, RFA and commercial vessels the role is working as an industrial Electrical Fitter. The client has predicted start dates to run from November to January initially, with work potentially running all the way through to September 2020.
Suitable candidates will have a good understanding of safe systems of work including electrical work, confined spaces, working at height and RN specific safety operations.
Personnel must have a deep understanding of electrical work and be able to carry out the various techniques used in ship repair and support industry, in addition a basic knowledge of mechanical systems and associated equipment is required
Candidates must be flexible to undertake tasks across any trade discipline as required, alongside being prepared to work in a team to provide a high quality service to meet customer expectations.
- Ensure safe systems of work are carried out at all times
- Read/Interpret Electrical Drawings, MDS and Guidance information
- Undertake new system fits across all classes of RN vessels
- Install various types of Electrical Equipment associated with an RN vessel such as motors, starters, control panels, Radar and associated equipment, weapons systems, internal and external comms
- Fault diagnosis and defect rectification
- Carry out Electrical Testing
- Execute various crimping techniques. ERMA, Gold pin
- Terminate multiple types of Cable
- Install Cable Support Systems. Cable Tray/Basket/Conduit/Hangers
- Install/Reeve cables
- Pack various types of glands / transits. Roxtec, RISE, Brattberg
- Terminate multi pin plugs such as 608 and Amphinol
- Remove and install basic mechanical and constructive items as required
- Candidates MUST be time served
- Candidates MUST have previous shipbuilding experience
If interested in the requirement please send an up to date copy of your CV, along with a copy of your Apprenticeship certificate.