Up to £57.00 per hour
8 months ago
ROLE OVERVIEW: The Noise, Acoustics, Vibration, & Design role (NAVED) is to provide Signature Control and Management services to the Submarine Design and Build Projects in Barrow. This is accomplished through the delivery of the Acoustic and non-Acoustic Signature performance requirements specified in new submarine build contracts to ensure the stealth capability of the platform is achieved. The core duties will require ability in some of the following niche key skills, mostly relating to either Acoustic or non-Acoustic specialisation, it is not expected that all these skills will be covered by any one successful candidate;
- Assessing supplier's equipment delivery, taking into consideration:
- Design for Acoustics, Noise and Vibration performance, or non-acoustics.
- Proposed Acoustics, Noise and Vibration or non-acoustic qualification methods,
- Acoustics, Noise and Vibration or non-acoustic qualification results. The aim is to ensure supplier's delivery is compliant with the Submarine Acoustics, Noise and Vibration and non-acoustic requirements. .Proving design and Acoustics, Noise and Vibration or non-Acoustic qualification guidance to suppliers in support of their aim to achieve qualification. Acoustics, Noise and Vibration or non-Acoustic engineering design support and assessment to the spatial and structural integration of equipment and distributed systems throughout the Submarine platform. Support and undertake Acoustics, Noise and Vibration or non-Acoustic analysis activities, as required to achieve qualification of equipment and equipment integration to the platform. This includes guidance both internal to the project and to suppliers. Support to Acoustic and non-Acoustic Signature qualification activities being undertaken by the Submarine Project.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determining areas requiring technical investigation and acting to deliver.
- Leading on Acoustic Signatures, Noise and Vibration or non-Acoustic Signature related project activities being addressed across project areas within the Dreadnought Programme.
- Management of sub-contracted Signature engineering work.
- Support to achieve compliance with the Signatures Policy and associated design requirements.
- Acoustics, Noise and Vibration or non-Acoustic modelling, analysis and integration into the whole submarine design.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS: Proficient in at least one of the following: noise and vibration/ acoustics/ NVH/ non-acoustic signatures/ CFD/ mathematical modelling/ electro-magnetics.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK MARINE ACOUSTICS ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)