Job Title: Hot End Operator – Glass or Furnace
Location: Fermanagh, Northern Ireland – Relocation assistance on offer
Salary: Negotiable dependent upon experience
Encirc have appointed Morson International to work in partnership to source high calibre glass or foundry operatives for their Northern Ireland site. Encirc are offering relocation assistance for any successful candidates moving from anywhere in Europe.
Encirc are the only company to offer container glass manufacturing, filling and logistics, which is unique in our field. Our three services provide our customers with a single solution, saving time, money and effort. Based at two sites, Derrylin, Northern Ireland, and Elton, Cheshire, Encirc work with some of the world’s leading brands.
Main Purpose of the Hot End Operator Position
To operate independently within a specific section, ensuring the smooth running of the IS machine and optimising its performance in line with Health & Safety procedures and quality standards.
- Comply with Encirc health & safety and hygiene policies, operational procedures and regulations, including wearing the relevant PPE and being correctly attired at all times.
- Comply with Encirc HE operations procedures and standards and carry out basic risk assessments, taking appropriate actions in emergency situations.
- Maintain maximum production efficiency and minimum production down time, optimising IS machine performance.
- Make sure weight control systems are working properly and weight control is maintained to optimum
- Detect any defects in the glass and rectify using best practices.
- Check bottle sets for defects and potential defects in a regular basis.
- Communicate and report promptly to shift supervisor adverse results and escalate any potential or suspected quality defects or performance issues.
- Input, record and monitor data, ensuring performance optimisation.
- Ensure adequate supply of tools at all times
- Keep work areas clean and tidy after work is completed, in accordance with housekeeping standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Previous experience working within a hot industrial glass or foundry manufacturing environment is essential
- Experience of working in hot end glass or foundry manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Technical engineering background and/or understanding of engineering principles is desirable.
- Ability to work as part of a team and also on its own with minimum daily supervision.
- High quality standards.
Encirc prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities.