£35.00 - £45.00 per hour
2 months ago
Our Client is developing new technology for heat mats (ice protection) and are now ready to go into production. They have a requirement for 2 Technology Manufacturing Engineers with knowledge of modern, cutting edge thermoplastics processes and composite processing.
We are currently looking for a Manufacturing Technology Engineer to join our Engineering and Technology team. The role will involve research and development of manufacturing processes to support the industrialisation of the latest aircraft ice protection systems. The successful candidate will be qualified in a relevant engineering discipline, and have a demonstrable interest in manufacturing process development within an aerospace environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluation of manufacturing processes and technologies against technical requirements.
- Development of new manufacturing processes to support the cost effective manufacture of the latest ice protection heater mats
- Recognise and conceive opportunities for technology introduction into existing production processes.
- Preparation of technical reports - internal and external.
- Specifying, developing and co-ordinating test activities of new manufacturing processes
- Customer and supplier liaison - New supplier assessment.
- Be fully conversant and compliant with the Company's Health and Safety policies. Ensure that all relevant Health and Safety legislation is effectively implemented and managed.
We are looking for someone to be an integral part of the team, but also a self-starter with the drive to develop their skills further. Someone willing to question why, continuously improve, and stretch out of their comfort zone while helping to create the next generation of aerospace components.
Experience and knowledge of any of the following would be expected/seen as beneficial:
- Degree-qualified or suitably experienced engineer with a drive to work in delivering new technologies into the current and the next generation of aircraft.
- Has background knowledge of a diverse range of fabrication/processing, tooling, inspection, assembly and automation techniques. Detailed knowledge in composite processing (both thermoset and thermoplastic) and at least one other area is required.
- Knowledge and experience of a shop floor production environment would be an advantage.
- Has a general understanding of the whole manufacturing value chain, from materials through to design, manufacture and testing.
- Is organised and methodical - has the ability to plan, monitor and control projects to schedule and budget.
- Can demonstrate a logical approach to problem-solving & excellent technical writing skills.
- MS Office suite
- Prior aerospace R&D experience (beneficial)
- Knowledge of New Product Introduction and House of Quality would be beneficial.