Katie Robson Hill
9 days ago
Morson International are currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Technology Engineer to join a global brand who operate in the Aerospace and Defence industry. The role will involve research and development of manufacturing processes to support the industrialisation of new products. The successful candidate will be qualified in a relevant engineering discipline, and have a demonstrable interest in manufacturing process development within an aerospace environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Evaluation of manufacturing processes and technologies against technical requirements.
- Development of new manufacturing processes to support the cost effective manufacture of the latest products
- Recognise and conceive opportunities for technology introduction into existing production processes.
- Preparation of technical reports - internal and external.
- Specifying, developing and co-ordinating test activities of new manufacturing processes
- Customer and supplier liaison - New supplier assessment.
You will be degree qualified or suitably experienced with a drive to work in delivering new technologies into the current and the next generation of aircraft. You will have background knowledge of a diverse range of fabrication/processing, tooling, inspection, assembly and automation techniques. In addition to this you will have detailed knowledge in composite processing.
Knowledge and experience of a shop floor production environment would be an advantage. You will have a general understanding of the whole manufacturing value chain, from materials through to design, manufacture and testing. You will have the ability to plan, monitor and control projects to schedule and budget, with a logical approach to problem-solving.
Prior aerospace R&D experience would be beneficial as would knowledge of New Product Introduction and House of Quality.