£0.00 - £28.00 per hour
17 days ago
The role requires a person with extensive experience of electronic equipment assembly, test, diagnosis and repair. The person must be capable of working on complex prototype, pre-production and production electronic equipment and be capable of carrying our surface mount repair work to PCB's
- Survey, test and repair a variety of communication products in accordance with test procedures
- Build, test and repair of complex low volume communication products, in accordance with existing assembly and test procedures.
- Maintain and develop product assembly and test capability by identifying potential process improvements and contributing to their implementation.
- To ensure cost, time and quality targets are achieved for allocated tasks
- Build, survey, test, repair and maintain complex equipment
- Control the security of these products whilst ensuring records and databases are kept up to date
- Ensure PCB's are repaired to IPC standards
- Carry out Manufacturability analysis and formal feedback to design engineering
- Manage stock of components to support workload.
- Hands on experience of applicable assembly, test and diagnosis techniques for complex electronic assemblies.
- experience in diagnostic fault finding down to component level
- Knowledge of low volume highly complex communication products.
- familiarity with complex communication products
- desire to improve products and the processes used to build/test
- Must be capable of building trustworthy relationships with internal customer, sub-contractor and peers.
- Have knowledge of the cost of quality and providing value and recommendations to improve the quality of outgoing products
- Must be able to co-ordinate and lead the activities necessary to ensure that products are built, repaired and tested efficiently.
- self-Motivated, results driven with
Must be qualified to A-level/BTEC Level 3 in STEM subjects, or equivalent vocational qualifications