Up to £17.00 per hour
8 months ago
As a qualified craftsman with several years of relevant experience in electrical manufacturing, the Manufacturing Technician will report to a Team Leader, from whom he receives day to day direction in terms of the tasks carried out (which will include Assembly, Inspection and Test) and the priorities associated with the tasks.
The Manufacturing Technician will typically be capable of certifying the product and possess a versatile skill base, with a capability to apply their skills across a range of tasks utilising equipment and tools, gauges and measuring instruments associated with the production, repair and modification of company products to meet defined build standards and specification requirements.
Specific responsibilities run as follows;
- Certify the product in line with the product certification procedure.
- Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits.
- Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks.
- Be fully conversant with all equipment, tools and measuring instruments associated with the manufacturing cycle.
- Ensure manufacturing build, inspection and where relevant, test times are met.
- Check and complete all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack.
- Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality.
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Maintain a good housekeeping policy.
- Communicate best practice to other team members.
The successful candidate should be a team player who is able to demonstrate customer focus. They should also have proven planning and organising skills and be flexible and adaptable.
- Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21.
- Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent certificate.
- Experience as a skilled person.
- ESD training.