Manchester, Greater Manchester
about 1 month ago
Job Title: Manufacturing Shift Coordinator (4 on 4 off)
Organisation: World Class Manufacturer - FMCG
Location: Manchester - Close access to both M60 & M62
Salary: Competitive + Strong Benefits
To support and assist the Manufacturing shift manager in achieving the department's KPI's.
- Oversee and carry out effective changeovers to the adherence of the Changeover procedure
- Monitor and record performance of changeovers
- Carry out training and skill assessments during changeovers
- Develop change over procedures, tooling and department skills to maximize the effectiveness of change overs.
- To ensure product is produced to the highest possible quality standards and complies with all Customs & Excise trading standards requirements and meets the needs of the customers specifications and time requirements.
- To assist the Manufacturing Shift Manager in the management and control of costs in line with budgeted requirements and to deputise in his absence
- To maximise production output through effective rectification of machine faults, preventative maintenance work and continuous improvement activities
- To continually review hygiene and ensure all CIP procedures are adhered too.
- To help identify, plan and implement a continuous training and development program in line with IIP principles, which enhances process departmental and people skills.
- To recommend, support and introduce improvement initiatives to improve departmental, team and individual performance and efficiencies.
- To ensure all documentation and recording systems are maintained to high standards on a daily basis in accordance with ISO 9001:2000
- To maintain a high degree of both product and personal safety in accordance with HSE, EHO and HMCE requirements, ensuring adherence to all legislative requirements and by the implementation and auditing of risk assessments controls and HACCP.
Responsibility of plant equipment:
- Able to operate all equipment across processing and production.
- Able to carry out full CIP across all equipment.
- Able to carry out basic Risk assessment
- Maintenance of the lines to ensure their reliable and safe operation
- Technical support in Fault diagnosis and rectification
- Ensure hygiene and CIP procedures followed.
- Coordination and monitoring of changeovers
- Training and development of your team (8-16 staff)
- Operational improvements to the plant
- Ability to accurately diagnose and correct both mechanical and electrical faults on filling and packaging machinery.
- Ability to maintain a high level of discipline associated with the daily compliance of hygiene standards and the safe operation of factory equipment.
- PC/IT skills sufficient to understand how IT can support and enhance manufacturing performance.
- Ability to motivate and develop staff to their full potential.
- Effective Communication
- Practical Interpersonal Skills
- Computer Knowledge
- People Management Skills
- Able to communicate at all levels
- Full indentured apprenticeship and or qualified engineer to HND in an engineering discipline
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office and SAP (or equivalent)
- Haccp / Vaccp / Taccp awareness
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please send your CV for more details. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 7 days of application you have not been successful on this occasion.