Tyne and Wear, England
Up to £35.00 per annum
17 days ago
6 months +
Our Washington Client has a requirement for a Manufacturing Process Engineer to undertake the below contract role.
The Process Engineer will be responsible and accountable for the introduction of a manufacturing process/ product within either a Forming, Machining or Surface Treatments area, ensuring that the process is capable and delivers to the required OEE.
The Process Engineer will be responsible for liaising with other functions, including Safety, Quality, Procurement, Operations and Manufacturing Engineering to successfully introduce the product or process.
This role is crucial in achieving the business requirements for the manufacture of munition components to the required quality, cost and delivery requirements.
Responsibilities include but are not solely limited to the below:
* Overall responsibility for the health and safety of the designated manufacturing process.
* To provide and manage a Safe System of Work (SSOW) to include Manufacturing Instructions (SOPs) and General Risk and PUWER assessments in line with company and statutory requirements.
* To apply 5S principles to provide a safe and efficient work area.
* To develop, establish and maintain efficient manufacturing processes and facilities to meet programme requirements.
* To influence the design process to ensure Design for Manufacturing (DfM) initiatives.
* To support the delivery of a right first time manufacturing process.
* To follow the change management BMS to accurately manage change control using Team Centre.
* To conduct audits on the manufacturing process to ensure compliance, identifying and implementing corrective actions as appropriate. Audits to include process capability studies.
* To raise, manage and resolve Q3's and manufacturing issues within a manufacturing area, using SAP.
* To support the Quality Control department in the inspection of components.
* To ensure the creation of Process Trilogy documentation for each manufacturing process (PCP, PFMEA and Process Flow).
* To lead and support Continuous Improvement (CI) activities and initiatives using lean principles and modern manufacturing techniques such as CAD, CAM and other modelling software, to identify opportunities to reduce cost.
* To provide the justification, planning and project management of capital expenditure following the relevant BMS and PIE process, creating Technical Requirement Specifications.
* To identify and prescribe optimum process tooling and consumable requirements, e.g. work-holding equipment and tooling to minimise waste, ensuring processes are provided to ensure they are available as required.
* To plan, introduce and optimise process changes, following the change management process.
* To pro-actively improve existing site KPI's utilising appropriate analytical/statistical tools and techniques (Practical Problem Solving).
* To manage delivery of a manufacturing process to the required standard.
* To create and manage Value Stream Maps, Process Maps and Lines of Balance.
* To complete and review PFMEA studies.
* Support the introduction of new products and processes by providing a safe and efficient means of manufacture, including the creation of accurate Product Data Indexes and Standard Operating Procedures.
* Deliver a process capable of achieving an Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) of 85%.
* Identify opportunities to improve process output through reduction in waste and process optimisation.
* Responsibility to lead, develop and motivate staff members within the Manufacturing community. This includes Setters and Operators.
* Be receptive to new ideas.
* To carry out the training of manufacturing employees to Standard Operating Procedures and manage the recording of training records.
* To manage contractors in accordance with the BMS.
Forming, CNC Machining or Surface Treatments Knowledge and Experience is essential
Problem solving (cause, remedial action and corrective action)
Continuous improvement attitude
Ability and willingness to learn and adapt to new ideas
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
HNC qualified in appropriate engineering discipline
Appropriate managing safety qualification, e.g. IOSH, NEBOSH