4 months ago
Morson are recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineering Subject Matter Expert for Producability, establishing and maintaining for this this skill the strategy and technical capability including policies, process, procedures, standards, roles, competencies and skill competency.
To facilitate the development and deployment and support of associated capabilities, and to undertake operational activities to support generation of Build Strategy and Build Method.
To understand Programme drivers and align optimised build strategy / business capability and deploy within engineering, supply-chain, operations, quality and commercial teams to provide a reliable manufacturing capability to deliver the product in all phases/constituent parts of the value chain.
- Create Build Strategy/ Philosophy
- Advise and agree Progressive Release of Engineering
- Influence the structure and content of eBoM arrangement
- Influence the maturing of technology requirements for operational effectiveness
- Influence the product / business into improved operational processes/behaviours
- Define Build activities including the Condition of Supply established for each level of the As Planned BOM
- Influence, In conjunction with the development of the Build Strategy, customer requirements and certain design standards,
- Advise in Datum schemes, tooling philosophies and derived features and requirements at a common and sub-assembly level which needs to be integrated into the engineering to enable the build strategy.
- Support First Article Inspection and First of Class in verification and validation by product family or critical part/process.
- Respect the programme drivers and highlight Risks / Opportunities against these.
- Conduct affordability assessments highlighting Risks/Opportunities against these.
- Facilitate Manufacturing Rate Readiness Planning by Business / Process Area to ensure that new programme introductions / build rate changes have been conducted.
- Ensure capacity planning and build option scenarios are maintained to advise management team utilising the existing functional teams
- Conduct Make vs Buy Analysis in conjunction with other functional stakeholders so that a best for business outcome is achieved.
- Experience and working knowledge of Structured BoM and Engineering Life-cycle Phases including Progressive Design Release Concepts.
- Product knowledge that can articulate the optimised sequencing of maturing design release in order to deliver a build ready schedule.
- Understand the manufacturing capability of fixed assets and infrastructure in order that the design capability respects this and is respected
- Understand and be able to articulate the Manufacturing Strategy and Manufacturing Engineering Strategy (Interim Products & Manufacturing Instructions, etc.), Make vs Buy, Investment Strategy so that these strategies complement each other and deliver business benefit.
- Experience in design to manufacture, Value Engineering and creation of design for manufacture guidelines.
- Experience of integration and collaboration activities between various functions, Configuration management, design, technical authorities, quality, operations, suppliers and manufacturing engineering
- Validation of engineering data and iBoM completeness and accuracy for each stage of design maturity / progressive release.
- Experience of generating documentation and presentations such as Build Strategy, Tolerance management, Progressive and phased Design Release, Business Justifications, etc., deploying and gaining support and commitment to adhere.
- Experience in supporting financial business cases and program management
- Experience of technical build line support
- Experience in managing external suppliers such as software suppliers
The rate for this role will be commensurate with experience.