22 days ago
Morson are currently looking to recruit a manufacturing expert with a machining environment for our Marine client:
Manufacturing Engineering Subject Matter Expert for Numerical Control Engineering capability establishing and maintaining for this this skill the strategy and technical capability including policies, process, procedures, standards, roles, competencies and skill competency. To facilitate the development and deployment and support of associated capabilities, and to undertake operational activities to support generation of NC data, facilitating the loading this data through to the shop floor plant and equipment and support proving of the capability in terms of quality, cost and lead times and effectiveness of the capability. To enable and support design for manufacture value engineering providing definition of design guidelines for affordable and effective manufacture in support of all operational disciplines and products within Naval Ships.
Create & Govern the processes utilising NC Data from Product Geometry through factory systems and into manufacturing facilities / inspection facilities to ensure design intent has been achieved within configuration control.
- Support the Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering Strategy, and Quality Strategy and influence the Engineering / Detail Planning Strategies. Input to design modelling standards and drawing output standards for NC capability
-Support Manufacturing Engineering activities in support of new plant and equipment investment
-Understand and optimise NC Engineering capability and support development of the NC engineering end2end digital thread capability
-Support establishment of Discipline, including competency framework and governance
-Input to design modelling standards and guidelines and drawing output standards for NC capability
-Exploit Machine controller, post-processor and simulation processes.
-Coordinate validation techniques to verify product geometries have been achieved
-Develop machine tool methods and create Facility Capability Documents (PES) to optimise manufacturing performance
-Consumable management strategies to be created and deployed
-Optimise nesting e.g. dynamic nesting and part identification.
-Support Robotic Implementation and visualisation concepts.
-Advise on suitable contact / non-contact automated inspection devices/facilities and any automated cell control systems
- Experience and working knowledge of Numerically controlled manufacturing plant and equipment
- Experience in design to manufacture, value Engineering and creation of design for manufacture guidelines.
- Experience of integration and collaboration activities between various functions, Configuration management, design, technical authorities, quality, operations, suppliers and manufacturing engineering
- Experience of NC programming for machines, plant and robotics
- Experience of cell control systems and automation
- Experience in Consumable Management and controls
- Experience of generating process documentation such as standards, deploying and supporting capability
- Experience in supporting financial business cases and program management
- Experience of technical build line support
- Experience in managing external suppliers such as software suppliers
Rates for this role will be commensurate with experience.