about 1 year ago
Morson are currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineering Subject Matter Expert for Digital Manufacturing and factory systems, establishing a capability framework model, developing strategies for developing, deploying, supporting and maintaining strategic backbone applications and third party niche applications and developing the industry 3 and industry 4 technology route map for Naval Ships.
This will include the potential introduction of major new capability such as a new Manufacturing Execution system, implementation of new technologies such as RFID for Asset and part tracking and establishing a manufacturing end2end digital environment exploiting visualisation to ensure predictable, controlled manufacturing capability with integrated quality and product verification and validation capability.
Liaising with the Engineering, Quality, IM&T and other functions to integrate the manufacturing capability requirements to deliver seamless, integrated solutions for overall business benefit.
- Support the establishment of the Digital Manufacturing Strategy for Naval Ships based on current position with credible and easily communicable steps (eg. Step 1 may be "mobile office").
- Definition of existing and future application architecture identifying strategic applications and interfaces
- Establish system performance metrics and controls for the applications, interfaces and infrastructure such as databases and servers critical within for manufacture performance
- Detailed understanding of business drivers and the associated capability model and matrix
- Establishment of a strategic upgrade, development, replacement and retirement plans for strategic backbone applications and third party manufacturing systems
- Establishment of an baseline capability in line with standards such as ISA95, (industry 3) and undertake a industry benchmark for enabling manufacturing digital IT technology to support ship building industry aligned to naval ships requirements
- Establish a technology route map to exploit emerging new technologies such as RFID and Wifi for asset and part tracking, robotics, automation, plant connectivity etc.
- Establish a plan for digital enabling capabilities (ref CTO Digital strategy) covering associated aspects such as connectivity, cyber security, data management, reporting capabilities, and impacts on skills and talent pipeline
- Establish a investment plan with value propositions and business cases and support fund acquisition through the IBP process
- Establish and maintain a scheduled capability release programme in line with programme/ business driver
- Accelerate implementation through "Scrum & Sprint" methodology, linking development, deployment and support working in tandem with IM & T to ensure a supportable Digital manufacturing environment is established
- -Facilitate process development and system test, certification and deployment of new software versions. This will include capturing, defining and reporting software bugs to the vendor as well as defining and prioritising future enhancement requirements to best meet the current and future needs of the business
- Experience and working knowledge of Manufacturing Systems and Digital technology enablers including concept of digital thread.
- Experience in developing deploying and supporting manufacturing systems
- Experience in IT requirements and implementation
- Experience in manufacturing and quality processes
- Experience in collaborative working practices and concurrent engineering
- Experience in data management, reporting and the application of analytic type capability
- Experience in design to manufacture, value Engineering and creation of design for manufacture guidelines .
- Knowledge of technology trends in Research institutes related to the Naval industry
- Experience of integration and collaboration activities between various functions, Configuration management, design, technical authorities, quality, operations, suppliers and manufacturing engineering
- Experience in Lean techniques
- Experience in supporting financial business cases and program management
- Experience in managing external suppliers such as software suppliers
The rate for this role will be commensurate with experience.