Morson Talent are working with Atlas Elektronik UK Ltd, seeking an experienced Manufacturing Engineering Manager to lead the Manufacturing Engineering team.Talent
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to develop a strong manufacturing engineering team with high performing internal processes with the goal of preventing internal and external product and service issues. Improving manufacturing efficiency and driving up customer satisfaction and to ensure the working together cohesively of the design and manufacturing engineering teams and this is a critical role in the company’s development.
• Support the effective operation of AEUK exceeding targets including customer delivery and quality performance.
• Work to resolve operations, supplier and customer technical issues in a timely manner to ensure continuity of supply.
- Develop and execute the Manufacturing Engineering strategy aligned to the AEUK 5 year plan
- Development of the Manufacturing Engineering team including completing individuals appraisals
- Inputs to new bids for Manufacturing Engineering resource hours
- Establish and verify manning and capacity needs for Manufacturing Engineering
- Ensure consistency in Manufacturing Engineering approach across all projects/products
- Recruit, train and develop additional Manufacturing Engineers as required
- Drive reduction in manufacturing costs by embracing and implementing continuous improvements across product lifecycle
- Communicate any problems or obstacles or challenges to both line and senior management where required
- Conducting research on new ways to manufacture.
- Lead the Delivery of Continuous improvement initiatives.
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Hands on approach to lead from the front
- Experience with modern technologies tools and software's used in manufacturing engineering
- Expert in root cause analysis, implementation and other problem solving techniques / quality tools
- Minimum 5 years in a relevant manufacturing management position
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing production and processes
- Knowledge of quality management systems (ISO9001/14001)
- Able to develop new and innovative ways of working
- Demonstrate experience in working alongside the manufacturing and supply chain within concurrent engineering frame work
- Experience in CAD packages (TeamCenter/Solid Edge) would be advantageous
- Takes ownership, demonstrates a bias for action, sense of urgency and focus upon continuous improvement
- Ability to focus on important information and identify key details
- Strong executive communication skills
- Willingness to consistently take the initiative to get things done
- Extensive relevant leadership experience
- Well-developed stakeholder relationship skills gained within a multi-functional environment
- Ideally degree qualified in an engineering or manufacturing subject or equivalent qualification
- Green Belt / Black Belt or other Six Sigma certification
- In depth working knowledge of APQP/PPAP