Inside IR35 PAYE or Umbrella
19 days ago
BAe Systems Radway Green have a requirement for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to undertake the below contract role.
* Manage and Develop site Manufacturing Engineering resource and competency.
* Governance of Manufacturing Engineering in support of site Operations, ensuring all Operations processes are carried out in a safe manner with process risks ALARP.
* Responsible Engineering Manager for Operations Process Changes.
* Deploy Manufacturing Engineering resource to the best effect for the business.
* Drive and support the identification and resolution of process and product issues within Operations, relating to Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery.
* Drive and support, through the CI Strategy & Greenbelt Projects, the implementation of process improvements and Lean Manufacturing methods.
* Drive and support the development and ongoing maintenance of Basis of Safety documentation and implementation of necessary controls.
* Assure manufacturing Process Safety through identification of process risks and implementation of the necessary controls to ensure risks are As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP).
* Co-ordinate the initiation and management of Engineering Change Control within Operations.
* Ensure Manufacturing Engineering employee competence is defined, recorded, and monitored.
* Provide recruitment and training to address any capability gaps as appropriate.
* Provide mentoring and career development to Manufacturing Engineering employees.
* Review and optimize systems of working relating to the function (Incl. BMS procedures and policy)
* Proactively review function performance and maintain action plans for function development.
* Proactively energize and engage the function through Leadership, Communication, and Support.
* Support and energise employees across the business to implement their own improvement ideas.
* Science or Engineering degree or equivalent - Manufacturing / Electrical / Mechanical
* Recognised qualification in management
* 5+ years experience in a manufacturing environment of a similarly highly controlled nature
(aerospace, automotive, nuclear, pharma, medical devices, etc.)
* 5+ years experience in a leadership role, responsible for output and leadership of direct reports
* Knowledge of working production environments safety critical aspects and compliances
* Knowledge of the Business Management System and experience producing policy and procedures
* Ability to liaise with regulatory and government related bodies
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Excellent numeracy and mechanical comprehension
* Providing leadership and management to sub-teams
* Coaching and mentoring of teams and individuals, leading by example
* Empowering and supporting individuals in management of their individual workloads and priorities
* Lead improvements to methods of working, and encourage others to do the same
* Provide robust oversight of manufacturing and manufacturing engineering activity
* Coaching and mentoring of teams and individuals both within and beyond direct reporting structure
* Energising others to engage in and/or support improvement activities and empowering individuals to identify and implement their own improvements
* Ability to assess immediate business priorities assign resource to resolve process and technical issues to ensure maximum capability is achieved with minimal process down time.
* Liaise with maintenance and the engineering department to review equipment availability and ensure maximum asset availability in support of operations.
* Manage, implement and sustain Lean Manufacturing techniques, facilitate process CI activities to achieve business effectivity goals and support the reduction in cost to quality targets.
* Ability to manage and co-ordinate stakeholders across various functions
Nature of Impact
The role has direct impact on the ability of the business to:
* Deliver safe processes and support manufacturing schedule adherence
* Provide manufacturing capability and continually improving operational performance
* Extend the competitive advantage of the business through improved operational processes
The role has direct impact on the success of:
* Manufacturing Operations Schedule Adherence
* Operational Capability
* Product and Process Safety
* Training, competence and compliance with work instructions
* Compliance to National and International Standards, Legislation, and Specifications
* Able to communicate effectively and concisely explain concepts to others
* Able to lead and influence others who may not be within the same function or reporting line
* Able to communicate and influence at senior levels both internally and externally to the business
* Understands the needs, issues, and requirements of staff connected with manufacturing operations
* Enthusiastic and able to energise and engage others