Santa Ana, California
US$30.00 - US$35.00 per hour
about 1 year ago
PROJECT ENGINEER/MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
Provides technical support to the Programs Manager on assigned programs. Completes engineering projects by organizing and controlling project elements.
- Responsible for simple to complex, generally customer-specific programs.
Internal - Interfaces on a regular basis with various departments at all levels of management. Provides timely and quality service to these internal customers.
External - Interfaces, as required, with customers and suppliers.
- Develops Project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
- Determines project responsibilities by project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- Determine project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring projects progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Prepares project status report by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
SAFETY - Maintains a constant awareness towards safety in the workplace and notifies supervision immediately of hazardous conditions and practices.
QUALITY - Exhibits commitment to quality performance in all aspects of every task or project performed.
May require prolonged periods of sitting, and/or standing.
May require periodic bending, reaching, crouching, kneeling, pushing and/or pulling.
May require periodic lifting up to 20 pounds.
May require repetitive use of hands and food manual dexterity.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & SPECIFICATIONS:
Requires a 4-year degree in manufacturing engineering or mechanical engineering, or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Preferably 5 years' experience in manufacturing engineering, preferably in manufacturing aerospace environment. Must have an understanding of fabrication, assembly and shop math, including algebra, trigonometry and spatial relations. Expected to be familiar with material processes and the use of and design of tools, fixtures and gauges. Prefer some working knowledge of computerized systems.
COMMUNICATION AND MOTIVATIONAL SKILLS
Must possess good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.