about 2 months ago
Your experience as a Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer will have an immediate impact on my client. You will be responsible for planning continuous assembly sequences and processes in order to achieve the build standard, product quality, budget hours and delivery schedule (QCD) as defined by Programme Management.
* Create Manufacturing Bills of material (BOM) to define build of Aircraft.
* Creation of Delivery Standard Documentation (TSD) to support procurement activity to ensure suppliers have a comprehensive and accurate specification for material requirements.
* Responsible and accountable for the accurate and timely availability of Work Instructions to support the Master Production Schedule (MPS).
* Process design changes & introduce into current assembly process.
* Identification and implementation of improvements to the build process and build logic.
* Amend work instructions on the Production Line to rectify errors and keep the build line moving.
* Must be able to represent Manufacturing Engineering in a Shop Support role.
* Compile SAP Production Orders to manufacture or rework components using on site facilities.
* Maintenance of the Manufacturing Engineering SAP module.
* Responsible for identification, & requesting, of Tooling on the Assembly lines.
* A knowledge of Mechanical or Electrical Aircraft Systems, depending on own discipline.
* Act as liaison with external suppliers & the client on work-share and manufacturing issues and when necessary provide support to working parties.
* Provide information to support an impact analysis for the efficient introduction of change.
* Represent Manufacturing Engineering in assessing the ease of manufacture in Design Reviews and act in a liaison capacity between Design & Production.
* Assist in the development of others and take a proactive approach in personal development.
* To provide estimates of production times to enable accurate capacity planning and cost estimating.
* Plan activities, review and report on progress and status of work to provide clear statement of position, issues and actions.
* To take an active role in Business Improvement and, as necessary, carry out improvement activities.
* You are responsible for taking reasonable care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work and to co-operate with managers, supervisors and others to enable the company to meet its statutory obligations for health, safety and environment. Specific responsibilities for Employees are detailed within HSP 1015 - Workers Responsibilities
* Educated to at least ONC or equivalent in an Engineering discipline and/or a time served apprenticeship. With proven post-training experience.
* Working knowledge of CAD (for interrogation purposes). CATIA (V4/V5) preferred.
* Working knowledge of SAP would be an advantage but not essential.
* Understand the principles of MRP.
* Familiar with the use of Microsoft package software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
* Familiar with the Engineering change process and documentation.
* Team worker and good communicator with influencing skills.
* Engineering background ideally from an Aerospace or high integrity mechanical manufacturing environment.
* Familiar with proven analysis & problem-solving techniques.
* Working knowledge of the process & output of the Configuration Control Board (CCB).
* Familiar with the use of estimating model spreadsheets as provided by work analysis.
* Familiar with Lean Manufacturing techniques.
* Interpersonal skills at all levels
Manufacturing Engineer - Mechanical
Location - Yeovil
Keywords: Manufacturing Engineer, Mechanical