£30.00 - £33.00 per hour
over 1 year ago
Our Luton Client has a requirement for a Composite Manufacturing Engineer to undertake the following contract role.
Reporting to the Lead Manufacturing Engineer you will support the Ice Protection Systems (IPS) programmes. This will include:
* Contributing to the composite manufacturing practical process knowledge expertise for the site
* Providing day-day support to manufacturing operations with technical queries
* Leading and contributing to a structured problem solving project linked to day-day manufacturing issues
* Take responsibility for updating engineering documentation to maintain configuration control
* Responsible for the creation and demonstrable capability and repeatability of manufacturing processes
* Deploying structured variable reduction methodologies. Such as PFMEA, SPC and sustaining control plans
* Providing MRB (Material Review Board) support to existing programs and contribute improvements to develop the MRB process
* Management of small capital and tooling projects
* Support continuous improvement activities
* Monitor equipment reliability and implement improvement activities
* Contribute and liaise with Works Engineering Department to implement TPM programmes
* Engineering/Operational Standard Work Implementation
* Comply with the Company's Health and Safety legislation and policies.
What we will be looking for in you:
* Some composite manufacturing experience of process, material, tooling and lamination of both sandwich and solid construction composite parts.
* You should have relevant and sufficient experience in a Manufacturing Engineering environment.
* You must be able to communicate and lead effectively at all levels within an organisation and be flexible in your approach.