£32.00 - £35.00 per hour
6 months ago
Our Client based in Bristol has a requirement for a Manufacturing Engineer - Capability Acquisition to join their team.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As the Capability Acquisition Engineer you will be responsible for delivering multiple capital projects of varying size and complexity across a range of casting facilities core processes including wax, shell, cast, inspection, NDT, and material removal operations. Some of these projects will focus on the development and introduction of brand new manufacturing capability whilst others will support business continuity through the upgrading or replacement of legacy equipment.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
* Technical and programme responsibility for a number of different projects. The varied nature of technical projects undertaken will mean the ability to assimilate technical information and manage projects in an area of non-expertise is essential.
* Management of data and stakeholders to create Capital Scheme documents and progress them to signature approval.
* Processing Capital schemes with procurement teams to the issue of Purchase Order.
* Review formal OEM responses against the SOR for compliance and lead the technical supplier de-selection obtaining stakeholder approvals.
* Be accountable for reporting project progress to all levels within the business through 4 box and other methodologies.
* Demonstrate effective application of optimum manning in a work environment to carry out an improvement activity to minimise waste in a process and/or method of manufacture
* Complete an Improvement Activity that demonstrates application of Equipment Improvement tools to increase reliability and availability.
* Use specific Virtual Manufacturing analysis tools and resources to be applied at the appropriate time to support Safety, Quality, Productivity improvements as required
* Create and update work elements in Computer Aided Process Planning (CAPP - or similar) system ensuring capacity/utilisation statements are maintained and aligned with load/capacity planning processes
* Leading productivity and equipment improvement activity within a facility
* Author final recommendation report and support in creation of key specifications for CAPEX and monitor measures to assess the impact
* Coordinate in sharing the best practices within community of practice.
* Can obtain agreed estimate times with operators and validate against production requirements
* Has ability to write Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for any local process or assisted supplier creation of SOP
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
* Strong Programme Management skills/experience.
* Previous experience of writing and creating detailed technical instruction packs for structured process for a manufacturing environment.
* Experience of working as a Manufacturing Engineer within a regulated environment.
* Leading capability acquisition projects. Ideally managing: investment casting/machining/casting or foundry process.
* Six Sigma Green or Black Belt would be advantageous.
* Ability to demonstrate an understanding of Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering Processes & practices, Method of manufacture, Work study and Time study.
* Well versed with Engineering & manufacturing drawings interpretation.
* General awareness of Manufacturing Systems (CAD, CAM, CAPP, Manufacturing Execution System, PDM, SAP) and plant layout (Product, Process & Cellular) relevant to the business.
* Have the ability to manage complex projects with multiple cross-functional interfaces, have good written and oral communication skills, and be capable of working with the minimum of direction.
* Innovative, curious, able to deal with ambiguity and motivated to think out of the box
* Candidate must be a self-starter with a positive attitude, high ethics, and a track record of working successfully under pressure in a time-constrained environment
* Must be flexible, with a high tolerance for organizational complexity and ability to work with partners from within and outside, across different cultures and time-zones.
* Interpersonal Skills
* Customer Focus
* Good Communication in English (oral & written)
* Team Player
* Self-Motivated & a Self-Starter
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
* Graduate in a Industrial/Mechanical Degree or equivalent work experience
* Should have background on Quality Management Systems
* Minimum 2 years Manufacturing Engineering experience
IT SYSTEMS & SOTWARE SKILLS
* MS Office tools: MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project.
* Software: CAD Tools (NX) ERP System (SAP),CAPP, MES(Solumina)
* Analysis tools: Minitab14 and Simulation tools(Siemens)
* Product Lifecycle Management : Teamcenter