26 days ago
Our Client based in Filton has a requirement for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their team.
To provide Manufacturing Engineering (ME) support to the business to enable the achievement of business targets.
To assist in the resolution of cell related issues, and the reduction and elimination of non-conformance. To establish the most cost effective route of manufacture achieving the required quality and meeting drawing requirements. This must be achieved whilst ensuring environmental compliance through ISO 14001 and 18001, and adherence to best practice Health and Safety methodology.
· Responsible for one or more of the following at any one time :
o Cell related production and quality issues
o Determining the most effective and economical method of manufacture whilst meeting drawing requirements.
o Compilation of process planning for a defined area. In conjunction with the local tooling engineer, define tooling requirements to enable manufacture
o Assist/advise on the introduction of new products, and/or modifications to existing products and associated tooling.
o Assist in the definition of manufacturing facilities and equipment requirements
o Provide support for the introduction of new facilities and equipment
· Assist and advise on the implementation and reporting of key projects and/or continuous improvement programmes, within a defined area
· Be a key interface with a number of internal and external bodies at all levels encompassing both direct and indirect employees
· Address all tasks in line with defined ME procedures detailed in the Filton QMS
· Make points of contact with external representatives including suppliers, consultants and controlling authorities within guidelines set by relevant departments e.g. Commercial
Must have a HNC/ONC (or equivalent) level qualification and/or a recognised trade qualification with manufacturing experience in an aerospace production environment
· Knowledge of, and ability to use and implement LEAN tools and techniques
· Knowledge of GKN and its working procedures including Filton QMS
· Strong communication and IT skills including SAP and MS Office
· Ability to function as a team player
· Ability to work under own initiative within a defined programme and targets
· Ability to use and knowledge of Global ME requirements, including PPS/PFMEA/SPC
· Drawing understanding and interpretation