Up to £30.00 per hour
3 months ago
Our Filton based Client has a requirement for a Manufacturing Engineer to undertake the below contract role.
Experience in Systems pipe manufacture including NC mandrel pipe bending, CMM and other inspection techniques and knowledge of swaging technologies is preferred. A working understanding of data sets including proficiency in reading technical drawings and bills of materials, and knowledge of materials and process specifications including AIPS, ABP, ABS and ABM is preferred.
1. Zero'd 3D XYZ co-ordinates from NC pipe bending machine programmes
2. Annotated photos of a the physical red master template pipes including:
a. Flow direction
b. Function and Clamp block Label and Part marking locations relative to centre of nearest bend
c. Statement over which direction the pipe is bent in (reverse bent?)
d. Length of end straights from centre of final bends - to indicate is there are any post bending cuts
e. End fitting clocking if any (may require interrogation of tooling models or work with CMM team to define)
f. Masked areas or miscellaneous other observations if any
3. SAP GPD interrogation of Materials BOM to confirm condition of supply BOM and Material & standard part specifications including justification of replacements for obsolete drawing called up specifications
4. SAP GPD production Routing - Any special cleaning/treatments
5. Work with Design office to develop complementary design recommendations to Airbus that ensure alignment of the design data to the existing current day condition of supply (E.g. removal/addition of a BOM listed Item where the Condition of Supply differs to the current 2D design drawing set)