Up to £39.00 per hour
3 months ago
Our Client based in Barrow-In-Furness has a requirement for a Manufacturing Engineer to undertake the below contract.
A Strategic Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for developing and delivering business continuous improvement projects, including but not limited to, CAPEX, Facilities and Infrastructure improvements. The Strategic Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for delivering specific projects focusing on both Transformation and business as usual Improvement Programmes.
The Strategic Manufacturing Engineer reports directly into the Strategic Manufacturing Engineering Team Leader and is part of the Operations Function.
* Promoting a safety culture and compliance with all Company and SHE legislation
* Managing allocated projects and sub projects from conception, through analysis and justification to implementation and embedding the improvement, gaining full stakeholder engagement with safety a prime consideration
* Developing and maintaining positive relationships with project stakeholders and customers (internal & external)
* Identify, create, assess and prioritise new and emerging opportunities through the development of facilities and Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) projects, ensuring these are of a strategic fit to the Business
* Developing Business Case/Justification to identify opportunities for Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People improvements seeking to provide optimised return on investment.
* Developing future state processes, layouts, flows and production systems to meet identified improvements.
* Project scoping and the creation of Statement of Requirements (SOR) to identify the Business needs for new machinery, infrastructure and equipment
* Conduct Feasibility Studies / Technical Reviews to finalise and detail the solution, finalise pricing, conduct proposal reviews, assess solution maturity and review with all relevant stakeholders to ensure the solution meets the requirements of the Business
* All aspects of Project Management including budget control and schedule adherence, ensuring that the defined scopes of work are achieved to the cost, schedule and quality commitments in accordance with project requirements
* Define acceptance criteria and conduct Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and Site Acceptance Tests (SAT) for new machinery, infrastructure and equipment
* Arrange for PUWER (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations) compliance following the installation of new machinery, infrastructure and equipment
* Arrange for the relevant training (Operator, Maintenance, Programmer etc.) to take place following the installation of new machinery, infrastructure and equipment
* Management of Contractors whilst on site, ensuring a Safe System of Work (SOW) is provided, all site rules and regulations are adhered to and all required documentation is in place (Risk Assessment, Method Statement, Insurance docs, Permit to Work etc.)
* Exploring relevant new products and processes to support business aims, using best practice and benchmarking within and outside of the business
* Arrange and manage civil installations, groundworks and power supply connectivity, including new machine foundations and remedial groundworks for new machinery, infrastructure and equipment
* Acting as the point of contact, coordinating and resolving any issues when contractors are working on site
* Improving manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout
* Deputising for the Team Leader in their absence and acting as temporary lead, covering all aspects of the role
Key Skills / Experience
* Continuous Improvement or Research & Development experience within a manufacturing or large scale production environment
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Preferred experience working in manufacturing environment with safety critical quality standards
* Experience of Lean of Six Sigma
* Essential to be able to work using own initiative, manage and prioritise own workload
* Comfortable liaising with and presenting to multiple stakeholders, both internally and externally
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build and support relationships with customers, suppliers and partners
* Strong communicator capable of clearly articulating change and the associated benefits, breaking down complex information and explaining clearly and concisely
* Understanding and knowledge of change management
* HNC or equivalent qualification or experience within a Manufacturing Engineering related discipline