Up to £30.00 per hour
6 months ago
Our Burnley Client has a requirement for a Manufacturing Engineer to undertake the below contract role.
This is a hands-on position where the Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for providing Engineering support to the operational teams to ensure conforming and cost effective products are delivered to the customer.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Previous pressing/welding experience a MUST
* Provide Engineering advice / guidance by adopting a business partnering approach with the Operations team
* Interpretation and understanding of technical specifications (e.g., drawings, models, process specifications) and conversion into manufacturing instructions.
* Drive the NCN and red card process with particular focus on root cause identification and corrective action implementation.
* Maintain configuration control of the Engineering data through the change process.
* Deploy problem solving techniques using recognised business improvement methodology
* Identification of tooling requirements including costs and lead-time
* Raising of FAIRs, Concessions and Product permits, DARs, MCRs and other data required to support engineering needs.
* To manage environmental compliance where required in line with procedural and policy requirements.
* Production of Engineering planning routings on to the ERP system
* Project control, tool design and control of expenditure.
* Preparation of quotes / estimates for new work form a variety of different customers (where applicable)
* Supporting the Business Improvement function with continuous improvement activities
* Team player with strong inclusiveness skills
* Proven interpersonal skills
* Proven track record of delivering results
* Ability to effectively communicate (both orally and in writing)